Summer schools 2022
- EDUC summer schools
You can find all EDUC courses and programmes on our course catalogue
Application deadline: 30th April
Hereunder the 6 Summer Schools proposed by our partners:
20th June - 2nd July
Smart cities, the climate change challenge
Do you want to learn how a city can become smart and sustainable and which are the most suitable technologies? Are you interested and committed in climate change adaptation objectives?
More info: https://www.unica.it/unica/it/challenge_of_climate_change.page
27th June - 8th July
Culture Heritage in the digital age
This proposal responds to the need both to address cultural heritage from the perspective of societal challenges and to position humanities and social sciences in a new field of studies, the “Heritage Science”.
More info: https://www.parisnanterre.fr/actualites-international/actualites-educ/educ-summer-school-culture-and-inclusive-heritage
Law & Technology
Nowadays, the rapid development of technological solutions and the interconnectedness of the legal environment have become unavoidable, knowledge of which may be a key competence for all legal professionals in the future.
More info: https://summerschool.pte.hu/summer_programs/law_and_technology_regulatory_challenges_and_way_forward
MASARYK (Czech Republic)
Climate change, communication and policy
As the scientific consensus on climate change and its anthropogenic causes is settled, there is an increasing shift of focus towards the ways climatic risks are received by people and institutions and towards the policies that can respond to these risks.
More info: https://www.muni.cz/en/admissions/educ-alliance/climate-change-communication-and-climate-policy
Media, fake news and populism
Do you want to understand the mechanisms behind fake news and conspiracy theories?
Do you want to learn about the dangers for the freedom of information that can arise from fake news and how to deal with these dangers?
Do you want to know about possibilities of debunking and counter acting?
More info: https://www.uni-potsdam.de/de/isc/kurse/educ-summer-school-media-fake-news-and-populism
29th August - 10th September
Trust in the information age
Do you want to deepen your knowledge on cybersecurity issues? Do you want to understand the main solutions for preventing computer attacks? Are you looking for an international experience this summer in a charming context?
More info: https://www.unica.it/unica/it/building_trust_in_inform_age.page
- ENSSAT Engineering school: "Connecting your IoT devices"
ENSSAT is offering a Summer School from June 14th to 17th (online courses) and from June 22nd to July 5th 2022 (in situ).
Are you interested in the fields of digital engineering? Do you want to learn more about the IoT devices? ENSSAT summer school is meant for you. Join us for an exciting and rewarding experience in the beautiful region of Brittany, Lannion, France. Held at ENSSAT, a French graduate engineering school part of the Grandes Écoles within University of Rennes 1.
Take the opportunity to enrich your academic skills, earn 4 credits, meet lifelong friends and have fun during our social activities.
The "Connecting your IoT devices" Summer School is organized to offer 4 ECTS in the fields of digital electronics, embedded software and networking for IoT. Both hardware and software aspects of IoT will be presented and discussed during the school, and hands-on practical courses will allow attendees to familiarize with IoT standards. The project will enable you to solve a societal issue with the support of a local company called Eco-Counter which provides solutions to analyse the flow of pedestrians and bikes around the world.
- 1049€ full price
- 949 € Early Birds individual application before April 8th
Costs cover tuition fees, social events, visits, accommodation, meals (breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks).
Application deadline: May 13th
Contact: summer-schoolenssat [dot] fr
Click here for more information
- EIT Digital (Rennes campus): "Solutions for Healthier Digital Cities"
EIT Digital is offering a Summer School from 4 July to 15 July 2022. The program is related to visual recognition techniques to manage natural resources, car-sharing solutions, use of public and private data and network solutions to create smart buildings and smart cities using IoT.
Nowadays, cities must meet considerable challenges with respect to health and environmental sustainability. In this context, our Summer School programme will aim to encourage the local entrepreneurial ecosystem of Rennes in the co-elaboration of digital solutions that help make the city healthier and sustainable, for example, in relation to reduced mobility accessibility and protection of urban endangered species.
More specifically, participants, for two weeks, will work in teams on challenging cases, related to visual recognition techniques to manage protected nature resources, car-sharing solutions, use of public and private data, and network solutions to create smart buildings and smart cities using IoT. These cases will be provided by several start-ups and will be presented by their entrepreneurs. Along our international event, you will be trained in key innovation and entrepreneurship (I&E) topics, such as problem definition, technological watch, business models, value proposition, user experience and technology pitch.
In the end, participants will have to present their potential entrepreneurial projects in front of a qualified jury.
Information and contact: ie-summerschooluniv-rennes1 [dot] fr
Application deadline : June 1st 2022
- IGR-IAE Rennes "The Future of Management"
IGR-IAE Rennes is offering a Summer School from June 13 to June 24 2022.
The international short Program dedicated to “The Future of Management” addresses the way entrepreneurs have developed innovative solutions in terms of marketing, logistics, finance and organization when faced with huge challenges during the pandemic and post-pandemic periods. During 35 hours of lectures, group work and field trips, students will put theories & practices into perspective. They will learn and practice from the latest initiatives and innovations to anticipate evolutions of the managers of tomorrow. Each day includes two lessons followed by practical work and/or teamwork and assignments.
Social activities: French culture workshops, Visit to Le Mont Saint Michel are included.
- 1990€ – individual application (accommodation included)
- 1590€ - Early Birds individual application if application before April 30th (accommodation included)
- 990€ - EDUC* students & other partners (accommodation included)
*3 EDUC grants will be allowed to EDUC students
Contact: igr-international-short-programsuniv-rennes1 [dot] fr
Click here for more information
- Economy and Management
Exchange programme in Cell Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, and Physiology ►
Download and read the English-taught degrees catalogue below:
- Law and Political Science
- Europubhealth Erasmus Mundus programme (partially in English) ►
- LLM (2nd year) World Trade Organization and European Union (joint degree with university of Ottawa, CA) 50% in French (1st semester) and 50% in English (2nd semester in Ottawa) ►
- Magistère programme in French and British business Law (partially in English, joint degree with university of Exeter) ►
- Earth sciences and environnement
- Physics, Chemistry and Material Sciences
- Business and Management: (Graduate School of Management IGR-IAE)
- Computer sciences
- Master programme in Computer sciences (Research-oriented), IRISA ►
- Master programme Cloud and Network Infrastructures (EIT Digital School) ►
- Master programme in Cybersecurity (EIT Digital School)►
- Master programmes FinTech (Digital finance and Technologies) EIT Digital School ►
- Master programme Data Science (EIT Digital School) ►
International PhD programme
PhD students can obtain two doctorate degrees by carrying out a joint PhD degree officialised by an international convention, known as a cotutelle, signed by the PhD student, the PhD supervisors and the partner institutions.
Université de Rennes 1 has around 100 ongoing Joint PhD degrees with partners around the world. Each year, approximately 20 PhD students defend their thesis within this cotutelle scheme.
- Doctoral schools
- Biology and Health (Biologie et santé, BS)
- Law and Political Science (Droit et Sciences Politiques, DSP)
- Ecology, Geosciences, Food and Agronomy (Écologie Géosciences Agronomie Alimentation, EGAAL)
- Education, Laguages, Interactions, Cognition (ELICC)
- Mathematics and CITS (ELICC) Matter, Molecules and Material (3M)
- Engineering Sciences (Sciences Ppour l'Ingénieur, SPI)
- Society, Time, Territories (STT)
- Economic and Management sciences (Sciences Économiques et Sciences de Gestion, EDGE)